Monday 27 February 2012

I am 22 Years Old, and I'm Currently Being Grounded

Yes, it's true. I've been grounded. By my boyfriend.

Why? Because I told him that I wanted to go try out wedding dresses.

Like this one. Or the gazillion others I have found online.
See? This could be me, ANDREW!
When I told this to Andrew, he was a little (a lot) displeased, seeing that we're not even engaged yet. Apparently, while watching tons of bridal shows and having an entire board in Pinterest dedicated to wedding ideas is completely okay, voicing my desire to wear white lace gowns that just happen to be wedding dresses is "taking things too damn far, Christine!"

So as a result, I've been banned from watching Say Yes to the Dress for an entire week, along with any other wedding-themed TV show. That includes Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta, Four Weddings, Bridezillas, and Big Fat Gypsy Weddings.

It's amazing how sophisticated she looks for her age!


However, he underestimated my resourcefulness; I still have Pinterest, wedding-themed movies (hello, Runaway Bride and My Best Friend's Wedding!) and a ton of wedding websites. I'd list some more means of satisfying my wedding planning craves, but I already look way too ridiculously obsessed.  

While I pretty much have our entire wedding planned down to the flippin' menu and first dance song, I'm not the only one. I'm fairly certain Andrew already has an idea of what his ideal wedding would look like.




Unfortunately, Andrew's dream wedding would probably look like this:


He would probably say that this is not camo enough.
 All purchased at:

Yes, I am being absolutely serious about Andrew's taste. I could post more, but you're probably already shaking your head.

The best part of it all? I'm "grounded", but I totally just did a blog post all about weddings. TAKE THAT, ANDREW! Booyah.

12 comments:

  1. hahaha You are the best! I think every girl plans her wedding throughout our whole life. If we didn't, there's no way we could plan one within a year or two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE THAT. I'll tell Andrew that I'm only doing this to save him the grief of having to help plan a wedding for years and years! Instead, he'll only have to deal with decisions he doesn't really care about for a year or so.

      I'm sure he'll lift the SYTTD ban immediately! He might even encourage it once he seems this reasoning! ...Right?

      Delete
    2. I completely and totally agree with Stephanie. I picked out my dress literally five years before I got married. I mean, I never went and tried it on or anything. But I picked it out online and it was the only dress I tried on when I finally managed to nag Ryan enough that he proposed.

      Delete
  2. Pinterest is so dangerous for wedding stuff. It's so easy to get sucked into that damn site.
    I think Andrew should be happy that you're thinking it through so well... ultimately you're saving him the embarrassment of having a wedding à la Hussey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so it's been more then a week -- are you 'un'grounded yet????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's official! Celebratory Say Yes to the Dress Marathon! WOOT WOOT!

      Delete
  4. So, I meant to read the latest entry on the Bloggess' site, but instead clicked on her link to your page (you won a book or something, by the way...congrats) and found this entertaining blog. And I can't stop reading.

    P.S. I'm from southwest Virginia, so I've definitely seen my share of the whole camo/redneck lifestyle. And while it's 100% opposite of my own taste, I feel lucky to have spent 20+ years in the midst of such an entertaining culture. :)

    P.P.S. I got married last year before I heard about Pinterest, and am a little too bitter about how it wasn't around when I was planning everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay so here is my proposal. You tell Andrew you are having a girls day, and you and your bestie (who can be your purse if necessary) are going to go bowling/walking/dancing/what the fuck ever! THEN you and her go try on dresses. You aren't buying a dress, you aren't even trying to pressure him from what I can tell. You are merely playing dress up as a big girl.

    See you played dress up as a little girl in cheap ass gaudy dresses bought at Wal-Mart, and now you can play dress up in real dresses, only now you can drink wine too!

    Then you just don't have to tell him. What men don't know will NEVER hurt them, well except maybe that a serial killer is behind them.

    www.sweetydarlin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry, my husband was disappointed by the lack of camo at our wedding 3 months ago. I somewhow managed to keep the receptions fairly redneck free. My concession to his love of camp was to allow him to wear a black & white camo vest under his tux. But, alas, he was unable to find one. A shame really.
    The conversation was hilarious though. My colors were orange and white (lillies). He wanted camo. I said "you want to add camo to my orange wedding? that'll be fabulous. We might as well have it at Wal-Mart in the hunting department."

    P.S. you're funny. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha oh God. Did he also ask you to make the orange bright and reflective?

      I'm pretty sure the only camo that'll appear at our wedding will be on my garter. Which will be hidden from the public at all times.

      As all camo should be.

      P.S. Thanks! :)

      Delete

OMG, you can comment!

You should totally comment.

You May Also Like These Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...