Wednesday 26 September 2012

Life Update: Coughing, Cars, & Losing Teeth. None of These are Actually Related.

Hey all'y'all!

Sorry I haven't posted as much these past two weeks. Here's why you haven't heard from me:
  • I had countless meetings and appointments to sell my old 1999 Oldsmobile Alero and buy myself a BRAND NEW 2012 Chevrolet Sonic.
Bam. So sexual.
  • I name my cars (along with my purses, and other people's cats.) My new car is named Knuckles. Before you start thinking I have a weird hand fetish, the car is named after Sonic the Hedgehog's friend/nemesis Knuckles the Echidna. Get it? Red Sonic car, red echidna friend of Sonic? I'M SO AMAZINGLY CLEVER!
Although really, how does this....


...Look anything like this?
  • I was sick as hell. The day I got my car, I decided that I was getting sick and went to bed at 8pm. I then proceeded to sleep around 100 hours during the span of a week; waking hours were spent coughing, blowing my nose, trying to get Andrew to do as much as possible for me and looking at WebMD to check if I had bronchitis, mono or pneumonia.
    • Turns out I just had a cold.
Now that I have my car and I'm feeling healthy, I still won't be blogging for the next few days because I'll be recuperating from getting four teeth ripped out.

Yes, tomorrow, I will be losing all of my wisdom (not that I'm all that wise).

I'm kinda terrified about it because I hate invasive surgery, I hate needles, and I get grossed out easily by things like hearing my own teeth break and get pulled outohGodI'mgonnadie.

Because of this, I'm getting Ativan and laughing gas. I've never taken either, but the receptionist had the same procedures and treatment as me and said it was a blast. Apparently, her appointment was filled with hallucinations of golden retrievers frolicking around the dentist chair; she was too busy petting the non-existant puppies to ever feel pain.

My mother is taking me to the appointment. She will be bringing a video camera in case I say or do anything incredibly embarrasing.

7 comments:

  1. Laughing gas is a surreal experience, and an excellent choice for the wisdom tooth removal procedure. I hope the surgery goes well!

    Also, Knuckles is the best Sonic character. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, I must be superhuman, cause the laughing gas did nothing for me. The Ativan, however, pretty much made me drunk.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with that! Jello and pudding will be your best friends for a while... I always wondered why they are called wisdom teeth? I should google it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Don't forget oatmeal and instant mashed potatoes. I'm so sick of baby food at this point. Haha

      Also, Wikipedia tells me "They are generally thought to be called wisdom teeth because they appear so late – much later than the other teeth, at an age where people are presumably "wiser" than as a child, when the other teeth erupt."

      Yeah, cause 16-18 year olds are so amazingly wise.

      Delete
  3. Aww, your car is so cute! I can definitely see why you decided to name it Knuckles! I’m also a huge fan of the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise, and if my car looked like that, I’d probably have named it Knuckles too! That Chevy Sonic is absolutely attractive. What’s it been like to drive it so far?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That candy-stripe red looks great on that Chevy. It definitely gives justice to its name. Maybe you could do the rims in white to match Knuckles’ shoes, so that your car will REALLY look like him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knuckles sounds like the perfect name, although I’m not completely familiar with the character it’s being named after. The car does, however, look like a “Knuckles,” the same way that some girls just look like a “Mary” or an “Esther.” Are your car’s rims as wide as the ones in the picture?

    ReplyDelete

OMG, you can comment!

You should totally comment.

You May Also Like These Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...