- Find new and strange sleeping positions. Maybe your body just wants to spice up your REM time. So I diverged from my usual Spiderman/Praying Mantis and tried out the Fetal position, the Starfish, the Log (which turned into a Barrel Roll), the Superman, the Donut and the Tango.
- Read a little.
- Do some yoga. Pull our the yoga mat and everything, go all the way! At the end, when you're supposed to thank your body for everything that it does for you, savour the irony of the moment.
- Wake up your significant other; if you're gonna stay up, you might as well have some company. Don't be surprised if your other half isn't impressed.
- Play with your cats until they work themselves up into a killing frenzy, then watch chaos ensue.
- If your boyfriend/girlfriend was a total dick earlier when you woke them up, feel free to throw the bloodthirsty felines on the bed.
|She's clearly pretending the camera strap is Andrew's face.|
- Take some painkillers.
- Sidenote: Only take painkillers if you actually have some sort of physical pain, such as wisdom teeth removal.
|I'm lactose intolerant, so I just downed the tranquilizers straight.|
- Eat some Jell-O. Cause hey, you're awake anyways, why not?
- Regardless of how far away the light is, do not attempt to eat the Jell-O in the dark and in bed. You will end up thinking you're all done your snack, only to lay your head down on your pillow and find your face covered in lost Jell-O.
- Think about possible future blog posts, such as "Things to Do When you Can't Sleep".